People – Good and Bad

There lived a villager. He made his living by selling seeds in the market. He had ten bags with him, which he would carry to another village to buy the seeds.
Of the ten bags, one was different from the rest. It had many holes and was torn at a few places. But, despite its poor condition, the villager would carry it regularly together with all other bags to get the seeds from another village.
One fine day, the torn bag started thinking, “I am but a torn bag. I have so many holes. I don’t understand why my master takes me along for bringing seeds. Why doesn’t he throw me out?” He decided to ask the villager.
“O my master, why don’t you just throw me away? You know I am no use. I don’t serve you honestly. I spill all the seeds you fill in me, all along the way. By the time you reach home I have no seeds left to offer you. Please, may I know why you don’t do away with me?” asked the bag. The villager patiently listened to the torn bag. Then, he smiled and said, “My dear bag, who told you that you are bad? You don’t know how good you are! Come, I will tell you what good you have done to me, and to others as well.”
So saying, the villager took the torn bag into his arms and took it outside to show it something. The villager then said, “Do you see all these trees? These trees are there all along the way from this village to the next, from where I buy seeds. These trees have grown from the seeds you have been spilling along the way for so many years.”
The villager then paused for a second and continued, “These trees give a cool shade to the tired passers-by on hot sunny days. They also give oxygen to living beings and fruits to birds, animals and humans. Can’t you see of what great service you have been to the world?! ”
The torn bag was happy to learn all this. It had realized that everyone everywhere had something good to offer the world!
MORAL : Accept all people the way they are. You never know what good they may be doing to you.

Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.