Military Search: Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Opens

Speaker of the Nigeria National Assembly, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has cleared the air on what actually transpired following reported security embarrassment meted out to him
on Monday. Speaking to fellow lawmakers inside the green chambers,
he stated: “I want to tell you that I am not above the law. As recently as last week Wednesday when I was travelling to
Paris, I subjected myself to screening by staff of the Air France here at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.
“My luggage was requested to be searched, and I obliged them; I gave them my luggage. My physical person was
frisked, and I allowed that happened without any resistance.
That is to show everyone that I am not averse to being subjected to scrutiny or screening by constituted authorities”

He further stated that his office ought to be respected and not his office, as he has enjoyed that outside the country and wondered why he should not be accorded same in Nigeria.

“The difference between that and what happened in Kaduna is the fact that I was expected to enjoy some protocol and
privilege as the Speaker of the House of Representatives of Nigeria. More so, from the authorities established by law,
several times that I go out of this country, I have been extended courtesies and privileges whereby even my own
luggage were not subjected to that because I am the Speaker of the House”
He dismissed the notion that members of the National Assembly are not bound by the governing laws in Nigeria,
but called on respect for the institution a political office holder represent.

“No one out there should have any impression that any of us here in the House of Representatives or in the National Assembly is above the law; that is not the message we are sending. What we are talking about is the institution of the legislature and not the individuals that are constituted in the Nigerian legislature”, he said.

Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.