PHOTO: Janelle Monae Shares Her Hair Journey and Gives Advice

Janelle Monae For Uptown Magazine October/November 2013

CoverGirl brand ambassador and eclectic singer Janelle Monáe is known for her androgynous outfits and may have a signature pompadour style, but her hair needs tending too, just like any other naturalista.
 When her mane isn’t being taken care of by her hairstylist Caprice Green, she shares withEssence.com how she cares for her hair, gives some advice on how to care for thick hair and reveals that she crushes on Lupita, Erykah Badu and Solange’s hair.
On her natural hair journeyI haven’t always paid much attention to my hair, but as I grew older I found the beauty in it. I’ve been natural for many years now. I’m an ideas type of girl, and being natural allows me to have more versatility with natural hair. Hair is about options and showing diversity.
On her hair regime
When I’m on tour I tend to be more careful with it. I don’t blow dry or use heat. I also love to use protective hairstyles and lots of hats. I like Cantu’s Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream and I enjoy stream treatments.
Her advice for ladies with thick hairEmbrace your hair. Natural hair has always been in, but its celebrated even more now. So let your natural hair shine. There’s so much beauty in our natural state.
Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.