Giuliana Rancic apologizes on air about weed comment + people want her fired

This whole Giuiliana/Zendaya weed issue is really annoying me. The TV presenter has now been made to apologize on air for saying Zendaya's dreadlocks 'smell of patchouili or 'weed'. Not only that, some celebs who have weighed in on the issue are insulting her, one even mentioned her barrenness.

Whoopi Goldberg said on The View: 'She's not Joan Rivers. Unless you know how to make jokes, don't do it... I've met real racists so I'm very hesitant to call people who put their foot in their mouth racist. She was just ignorant... a bonehead. I have had dreads for 40 years, and never have I smelled like patchouli.'

Comedienne Sheryl Underwood said on The Talk, "How would Giuliana feel if we made comments on her inability to have a baby?'. 

I feel like people are just making such a big deal out of this. Is it only black people that wear dreads and smoke weed? How is what Giuilian said racist? It was more silly to me than racist. And now people are calling for her to be sacked from E!. Read that and her apology after the cut...

Radar Online claims an insider told them people want Giuliana gone from Fashion Police and E!
"The entire cast of Fashion Police is done with Giuliana and they are hoping that she will be not only kicked off the show, but also off of the network.”
"And seeing that she's had a bit of an alleged feud with new E! News correspondent Maria Menunos, this new blip is ruffling even more feathers." The source added:
“The network does not condone racism in any way, shape or form and they know that their reputation is now at stake,” the source adds.

Giuliana's apology below...
'I'd really like to address something that's weighing really heavy on my heart. I want to apologize for a comment that I made on last night's Fashion Police about Zendaya's hair.'
'As you know, Fashion Police is a show that pokes fun at celebrities in good spirit, but I do realize that something I said last night did cross the line.'
'I just want everyone to know that I didn't intend to hurt anybody, but I learned it's not my intent that matters. It's the result. And the result is people are offended, including Zendaya. And that is not okay.' 
The apology video below..
Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.