N950m campaign fund: I didn’t collect N25m – Shekarau

A day of reckoning will surely come but until then, the former Education Minister, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau on Sunday insisted that he did not receive the N25m from the N950m campaign fund shared at his residence before the 2015 general elections.

Speaking to newsmen at his Mundubawa residence in Kano, Shekarau said he is ready to defend himself of any accusation before any commission and/or court of law.

The former governor described his recent arrest by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as a will of God, saying he was not blaming anybody.

He explained that somebody mentioned his name among the top PDP members that were given N25m each to campaign for the former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“I and the person who indicted me went to the EFCC. I challenged him before the EFCC operatives to prove the allegation but in his response, he said since it was directed that every top PDP member in the state should be given N25m and that he has received his own share, so he assumed that I, Ibrahim Shekarau was also given my own share.

“Then I told the EFCC that even if it is one naira that I was accused of collecting, I will not pay until it is proved. Whoever gives me the money should come out and explain where, when and how he gives it to me and anything short of that, I am ready to stay with the EFCC for years until the allegation is proved.

The operatives have searched my house and could not find anything incriminating against me. They have collected my account number and I am ever ready for any investigation. I wouldn’t mind if the EFCC can trace my transaction of 20 years back.”

He said: “I am not saying I am above mistake, but I am ready to face any investigation and where found wanting, I am ready to defend myself.

He said as a politician, the development will turn to blessings for him, his family members and followers, saying this is not a new thing in politics.

The former governor therefore called on his followers to remain calm, noting that as a Muslim, I must accept destiny be it good or bad.

It would be recalled that N950m was shared among top PDP members at Shekaru’s residence for the campaign of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Bashir Wali allegedly collected N25m, his education counterpart, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau N25m, three PDP Senatorial Candidates, Senator Bello Hayatu Gwarzo N30m, Senator Bashir Lado N30m and Alhaji Abdullahi Sani Rogo N40m, while retired Colonel Habibu Shu’aibu was said to have collected the security share of the fund to the tune of about N150m.

Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.