Senator God'swill Akpabio Denies link with Niger Delta Avengers

My attention has been drawn to a publication by Sahara Reporters which alleged that a splinter militant group, Reformed Niger Delta Avengers (RNDA) has listed me and other eminent Nigerians as the “sponsors” of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA.)

This politically motivated media propaganda is baseless, reckless and senseless. It is a fabrication from the pit of hell from those who are profiteering from the crisis in the Niger Delta and would wish no end to it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to state categorically that I have no link with the Niger Delta Avengers or any other militant group for that matter.

Contrarily, my position as a foremost advocate of dialogue in resolving the Niger Delta crisis is well known. I am of the strong belief that blowing up pipelines and causing further environmental pollution of the Niger Delta is not in the interest of the region as it would take over 100 years to remediate the effects of such environmental degradation.

Neither do I believe that economic sabotage at a time of economic recession that the nation is presently passing through can be an answer to the Niger Delta problem.

My abhorrence of violence in conflict resolution is legendary. Therefore, it beats my imagination why anybody in a right frame of mind would contemplate associating my name with militancy and degradation of a region I have laboured so much to build while serving as Governor of Akwa Ibom State between 2007 and 2015.

I wish to caution that politicizing the Niger delta crisis through propaganda will amount to an ill wind that will blow nobody any good. Rather what the nation needs is concerted efforts by stakeholders to holistically through dialogue address the grievances  of the region  which luckily President Buhari has already started.

Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.