MY RESIGNATION


This wasn't what I signed for. I thought being an adult will be something beautiful and everything would be at the reach of everyone and the world would be a better place for everyone to live in peace, unity, and in love. The reverse is this case no one cares about anyone everyone is living in isolation and botherless about things around.
I have come to a point where I want to resign from this thing called adulthood.
 

Today, I am confidently presenting my letter of resignation as an adult. I decided I would like to admit being 9 years-old girl again were fractured knee is better than a broken heart.  I do not want to take any responsibilities as an adult.

I want to seat with my father and have him recite nursery rhymes with me.


Today, I want to leave home without worries and go back home to hugs my parents I actually want to hug them now. I want to go back seeing things they were but so many things had change in a short while. I am not sure what has transpired, but somewhere along, I matured. Someone did force me to grow up. Maybe I have learned too much. I have learned about pain, about sickness, about death. I have learned of a world where they know how to hurt and they do so.
Today, I want to go to KFC eatery and think that it’s a four star restaurant. I want to go to the swimming pool and think it’s the largest ocean in the world. I want to play in the rain and sing rain, rain go away!

I want to be in the children’s choir and sing and have everyone applaud. I want to see life beyond religion.

Today, I want to sail stick across a fresh mud and puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think that chocolates are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big orange tree and eat its fruits with my friends on a hot sunny day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn’t bother you, because you didn’t know what you don’t know and you didn’t care

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully aware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to believe that everything is possible, and I want to go back being a 9years old

Today, I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good

I want to believe that the Boko Haram (terrorists) that are terrorizing this country is nothing but Hollywood film tricks.

I want to believe that the senate never passed the Girl-Child marriage bill. I want to believe that there was no militancy.

Today, I want to believe that everyone is rich and comfortable with what they have and I want to believe that all this stories of our corrupt political leaders are just some fairy tales.

 I want to believe that there was no plane crash as broadcasted by the media house and Dana Airline crash want just my used toys being burnt by my mother and I want to go back being a 9years old
I want to live simple again. I don’t want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank , doctor bills, gossip, and illness, death of loved ones and friends

Today, I want to believe that there is no weapon greater than smiles, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the mud. I want to start trusting grown ups

So… here’s my cheque book, my electricity bills, my water bills, and my tax statements. I am officially resigning from adult hood.

 Today, I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be unconscious to the intricacies of life and be exceedingly enthusiastic by these things again.

And if you want to discuss this further, to nail me, you’ll have to catch me first, cause…………”you are tagged.
Written by : Stachys Ross
© 2010-2013 Stachys Ross Inc. All rights reserved.
Share on Google Plus

About King Angela Uyi

I am Angela Uyi aka Mama Naija|Two time Social Media Personality Winner| A smooth talker| Humanitaria| Ghost Writer| CopyWriter |Twitter:@Angelauyi |
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All content except noted photos and videos copyright © 2023, King Angela Uyi Creations.
All rights reserved. *Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. IF A PHOTO OR VIDEO IS YOUR MATERIAL AND YOU DO NOT WISH IT TO BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE EMAIL Us angelaeuyi@gmail.com AND WE WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. Content created and maintained by King Angela Uyi.